We enable attractions to load their content to a single space, capture rich data in real time and to personalise their special offers.
Great Ireland Experiences will be the global leading experiences and data analytical company within the travel and activity market segment.
When people visit attractions, they have questions. They want to know more about the history, the legends, the place and its people. We answer these questions in an immersive and engaging way so that visitors have the best possible experience of the attraction.
For the visitor, Great Ireland Experiences offers a fun, user-friendly mobile app that improves their overall experience which they can share through social media. For management of the attraction it offers a way to boost revenues per visitor and inform smarter business decisions.
While carrying out extensive research with visitor attraction management, Ivan Tuohy, founder of Great Ireland Experiences, identified that as a sector, it was very difficult to communicate to a large percentage of customers. The key problems that emerged:
1. Attractions could not identify on average between 30% to 60% of visitors as they came through tour operators and 3rd party channels
2. They couldn’t tell the real story beyond what was in front of visitor
3. They couldn’t communicate beyond 5 to 7 major languages which resulted in a large percentage of visitors not being able to engage and experience the attraction directly
4. The businesses had no external links to other attractions
5. The attraction management couldn’t commercially communicate to their visitors so as to drive revenue and upsell products and services
Great Ireland Experiences is a mobile application platform that allows visitor attractions to communicate with:
1. 100% of their visitors
2. In over 40 languages
3. Place all of their consumer content such as their historical pictures, videos, stories and artefacts of relevance to visitors in one application
4. The platform will be future proofed to cater for Augmented and Virtual Reality
5. Visitor attractions will be linked to a wider business community
6. Visitor attractions will be able to provide customised offers for their retail, food and beverage outlets based on the visitor’s location within the attraction and their user profile
1. Enhance the visitors experience by having lots of relevant, historical and rich content
2. It will capture, manage and analyse consumer data for attractions. This information will be relayed back to the business by way of a management dashboard with real-time statistics hourly, daily and weekly. This information will inform attraction management so they can make smart business decisions based on fact
3. Increase revenue across all business units by way of targeting and communicating with every single customer with specific discounts based on visitor profiles
4. It will provide sophisticated heat mapping and navigation so as to manage the customer journey and avoid overcrowding
5. Direct access to 100% of customers including overseas visitors and coach groups who traditionally were unable to be reached
Great Ireland Experiences will be the global leading experiences and data analytical company within the travel and activity market segment. It will continuously develop new ways of creating content through innovation and technology.
It will create a unique way for both the visitor and attraction management to communicate thus ensuring the best experience for the visitor and the highest revenue generating customer for the attraction.
Ivan Tuohy is a highly experienced hospitality and business professional with a proactive approach to driving market share growth and customer service excellence across a range of business units within the hotel and visitor attraction sector.
His extensive knowledge and practical experience in business situations, especially in leadership, management and people development means he is ideally placed to understand the challenges that both companies and individuals face in today’s changing environment. He is solution focussed which empowers and enables clients to overcome obstacles, leverage opportunities and help individuals & organisations to achieve more success.
His last position was general manager for Shannon Heritage, Ireland’s largest commercial visitor attraction operator where his key sites were Bunratty Castle & Folk Park in Co. Clare and King John’s Castle in Limerick city. He has recently completed an MBA at the University of Limerick (2018).